Thursday, September 2, 2010

Setting goals for the New School Year

I love summer and it's hard for me to say goodbye to it.
I need a week to recover from our farewell.

Sigh.

I have been spending this week to prepare for starting school.
I love using this scripture as a guide:

Luke 2:52

52And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

(And it helps having this song as background music while I plan)

WISDOM (intellectual)-goals for learning academically
STATURE (physical)-goals for hygiene,exercise, nutrition, etc.
FAVOUR WITH GOD (spiritual)-scripture study and memorization, character, missions, etc.
FAVOUR WITH MAN(social)-manners and habits, compassion, community, friends and family

What scripture do you use to help you make plans for the school year?

No comments: