Sunday, November 7, 2010

Studying Art at Christmas Time

How do you study art at Christmas time?
A few years ago, I started collecting Christmas tags. I also found myself enjoying the many artistic expressions found on various Christmas cards. I loved the different designs that depicted Advent and winter scenes. There were so many styles and I thought, "Hey, why not put this in a book that the kids and I can look at. A place to display and add to our collection as the years go by."

Here's a sample of a few pages:
Advent themed
Angel themed
The classic snowman--check out the tag at the top of the page. It's a Top Hat!
I love this Norman Rockwell painting. The stamp at the top is quite old, too!
I adore the sleigh rides with men in top hats
Candles
Church scenes
Holly berries
We're not into Santa Claus in our house. However, there is some tremendous depictions of Santa within Christmas card art
Beautiful bells ringing out the Good News.

How about you? What do you do for art during Christmas time?


1 comment:

ann said...

love, love, LOVE that tag book! Such a beauty capsule. Thanks for putting it here so I can enjoy it again!