Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Drug of Choice

Reading novels is my drug of choice for a wearied and frazzled soul.
I love to escape into the mythical lands of authors who spin words and weave worlds.
It's a haven.

And yet...
Sometimes it's a crutch.
A false balm that I hope heals the panic my soul takes on when it needs comfort.

For the season of Lent, I committed to give up reading my private worlds in favour of spending more time in prayer. In favour of meditating on the Cross. And what it means...
...because His death and resurrection changes everything.
Everything.

I want God's great exchange.
All of Him for all of me.

So I will turn to Him to comfort my heart when it is tired and weary.
I will run to the Cross and wrap my arms around it and savour the way it changes everything.
Everything.

And I will listen to this song and sing to my beautiful King about how His wounds set me free.



No comments: