Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 5 2012

“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”  Mother Teresa

A busy day of learning about the world all around us.
I like to use this link to cover Current Events in the morning with my kids. I usually view this link first and choose which ones my children can see. I have younger ones and some images of war are better not observed.
This link has been a great springboard for discussion on other cultures, poverty, conflict, geography and much more.

We spent several minutes entranced by the Ghosts of War pictures. Have you seen them? A photographer has blended photos from WW2 with their present day locations.
Read the story here.
See the pictures here.

Followed by discussions on American politics. We took a few minutes to discuss the core beliefs of Democrats and Republicans.
And then grooved to Vote Like That for awhile



A great day to discuss politics, history of war and more.

How about you? How are you getting ready for Remembrance Day

No comments: